The Millstadt Civic Club is a service organization with membership in the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. We are offering a $1000 scholarship to a high school senior with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) entering an accredited post-secondary program such as a university, community college, trade school or specialized training program.
The criteria for this scholarship will be:
– Lives in the Millstadt Consolidated School District # 160
– Minimum 2.5 GPA (C+ average) – high school transcript required
– Verification of Individualized Education Plan (IEP) – Do not submit copy of IEP.
– Proof of acceptance to an accredited post-secondary program.
– Brief summary or description of some activity or involvement you have in the community, school or church that has been a benefit to you or others – one page at most, double-spaced.
– Brief summary describing intended area of study, why it was chosen and future career plans – one page at most, double-spaced.
– Two letters of recommendations from teachers, coaches, or other adults in a supervisory or mentoring capacity.
Interested applicants should send the completed personal information sheet, high school transcript, proof of school acceptance, letters of recommendation and summaries (typed and double spaced) to:
Civic Club Scholarship Committee
18 W. Laurel
Millstadt, IL 62260
Questions: Contact Brenda @ (618) 719-3024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Materials must be postmarked by March 31.
Winner will be notified by May 1 with a check presentation at an upcoming meeting.